Reducing cold and flu among care home staff and residents is one of the key objectives of Diversey’s annual “Are You Ready?” campaign.
Good hand hygiene is the single most important way to reduce the spread of infections. Diversey makes this simpler with its personal bottles of hand disinfectants.
Common illnesses such as Influenza and Norovirus peak during winter while many other pathogens remain a threat all year round. Unchecked they can spread by personal contact or touching contaminated surfaces. This is why hand hygiene is so important:
- Protect residents – reduce their risk of coughs, colds, flu and other common infections
- Protect yourself – reduce your risk of catching or spreading illnesses
- Protect employees – fewer illnesses means less time off work
- Protect business – less lost work time, no unexpected cost of cover, maintain services, stay productive, retain your reputation
Protection is better than cure. Hands must be cleaned frequently – when moving from job to job, area to area, person to person. Diversey makes hand hygiene easier by offering pocket-sized bottles containing Soft Care Med H5 and Des E that users can carry or wear on their belt:
- Convenient – 100ml small size, always handy
- Belt/Reel Clip – right by your side when you need it
- Frequent use – disinfect your hands when moving from job to job, person to person, as often as you like
- Visible – shows colleagues and customers you care about hygiene
- No excuses – always there when you need it
The Diversey advantage:
- Tried and tested products – Soft Care Med H5 and Des E are extensively used by the NHS, healthcare, hotels and food-service customers
- Excellent protection – against Norovirus, Influenza A (H1N1), rotavirus, hepatitis B, HIV, MRSA and other common infections
- Kind to skin – Diversey sanitisers look after skin, leaving it soft and smooth to the touch
- Non-perfumed formulation – ideal for food-service applications without risk of tainting foodstuffs
- Support – unrivalled application and technical support from a global leader in cleaning and hygiene
Personal bottles and belt clips are just one line of defence against infections. Encouraging your team members to wear them can be part of your ongoing infection and outbreak prevention programme.
Look out for more advice soon as part of our “Are You Ready?” campaign to reduce seasonal illnesses and outbreaks.